On the Edge or In the Dust?
We have officially updated to the newest, latest and greatest version of WordPress 3.2 (released only a few hours ago!)
- Better browser support.
- Improved performance (yet again!)
- Improved security.
- Dropped support for (the ancient) PHP Version 4.
- Gracefully dropped support for Internet Explorer 6. Upgrade to IE 9.
- Started ‘end-of-life’ process for Internet Explorer 7. Upgrade to IE 9.
- Ton’s of nerdy backend stuff that we can take advantage of in the future.
You can find all the new features and updates over at WordPress.org
* Note: Dropped support does not mean that you will not be able to access content. You will still be able to access everything we have to offer in these decade old browsers! To take advantage of new technology developed over the last decade though it may be time to move beyond IE 6 and 7 and upgrade to IE 9 or another browser like Chrome or FireFox.
Fixed a bug that caused vacant land listings to link to the residential version of a property. Listings now link to the appropriate development and property type.
Link Bug Fixed
Core Changes – Data Accuracy
You’ve probably noticed by now that we’re fanatics when it comes to the accuracy of our data. Today we implemented a couple of changes that help improve our data yet again.
Maui is an Island and a County. We try to refer to the Island of Maui as ‘Maui’ and the County of Maui as ‘Maui County’ to prevent confusion. Given that you cannot drive between the islands of Maui, Molokai and Lanai it’s important to know the location of the listings you’re looking at before you start your research.
Our Maui Real Estate listings page now shows only listings from the island of Maui. The same goes for Maui Condos, Maui Homes and Maui Vacant Land.
If you would like to see listings from from the other islands that make up Maui County you can visit our Molokai Real Estate and Lanai Real Estate pages.
If searching elsewhere be sure to ask if the property you’re looking at is on Maui or in Maui County. Most sites do not differentiate between the two very different locations.
- Koa Resort
- Condo name now properly links to Koa Resorts main property page.
- 767 ‘new’ official address available in 2011.
- Example: Bluffs at Wailea is now in the district of ‘Wailea’ (and not Kihei or “Wailea/Makena”) where it belongs
- 911 new property addresses triple verified.